Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Motivation? Where are you?

I am preparing to tell an inspirational story of how me and my neighbors had a hand in passing the Indiana state Abandoned Housing Law through both the state senate and house of reps, with pictures and the whole deal, but I simply cannot seem to get myself MOTIVATED to get it all together.  I feel "community serviced" out lately.  Thinking back, I am actually amazed how we put the effort into a) get peeps involved in a positive cause, b) initiate the writing campaign, c) get things changed within our state government. How n-hood leaders and everyone stepped up (together) and demanded the positive changes; wrote to the IndyStar opinion section, held a rally, wrote to the nitwit-politician that dropped it from the docket, wrote to each other to spread the word! Pretty powerful stuff, but I'm sooooo tired now. Yes, I led it, and we did make a positive difference....I can see it every day as I walk Lady through the neighborhood.  How can I get myself to realize and embrace the final step in "telling the story" in order to leverage the momentum that has already developed? I know if I don't, things will likely digress.... But, my heart feels so heavy right now....

I have the opportunity to go scootering tonight with friends on this absolutely GORGEOUS evening here in Indy; one of the very last for this year's season I am certain....shall I go? Will the motivation come to me later on, if I play a little bit and go for a fun, refreshing scoot tonight????? I hope so.....I think I better go.  I need to clear my head and take advantage of this opportunity to have some fun. Yep, it's decided. Maybe that heavy weight on my heart will dissipate as I breeze through the city on Scoot  (he's so cute).
:)
Okay, but then I absolutely *have* to promise that I stay home tomorrow night and begin putting together the story/presentation.  Afterall, many peeps from all over the city will be there, and it's such a incredibly great honor to be asked to tell the story and put on the workshop.  Just remember THAT little missy!  Okay, I will.....but now I am going to go have some fun.  Yee!





No comments:

Post a Comment