Monday, August 10, 2009

Holly Oak Tree in Highland Park


I walked my dog Lady to the park this weekend and found that the recent storm had literally halved the magnificent oak tree in Highland Park, Indianapolis. That was truly the most beautiful, grand oak tree in the neighborhood. I used to sing "Holly Oak" by Geggy Tah as I walked underneath and around it. (...a holly oak tree is shading me.....planted by........a passer by, tossing acorn seeds....'til one taked hold and grows to be.....a shade of love inside a memory of you and me and that Holly Oak tree....)
Very romantic, considering I was in love when I sang it. Eventually, the love was crushed and my heart was cracked and split, much like the tree is now. Only half the tree remains. Something so powerful and majestic split in half. Have a look.


No comments:

Post a Comment