Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Another Day in Mid-Life Retirement

It’s been 3 weeks since I have been unemployed.

Today began with a storm, literally. Two cats scampering to get inside the house first thing in the morning because they were hungry, while winds picked up and thunderstorm sirens began. I sat on my back step watching the storm clouds move northward above me for about 10 minutes. They were very grey and scary-lookin’ but they didn’t seem to be anywhere near making a ruckus.

About 15 minutes later, I was trying to herd the cats into the basement as huge gusts of wind and rain slammed against my kitchen windows, blocking all views to the back yard. It was exciting and scary. It got my juices flowing. I checked the radar and sure enough, it indicated that there was a storm overhead. Glad I checked that….just to be sure. (I am rolling my eyes at this activity)

After the storm blew threw in about 10 minutes, all was calm again. It continued to rain a while.

I took a nap and slept beautifully. As usual, I didn’t want to stop napping, as Peanut was snuggled in the bed with me and it was so soft and warm and cozy. But, I got myself up anyway and made my bed. When I decided to go back to bed again, I couldn’t because I’d already made the bed. Disappointment set in…until I noticed what a beautiful day it had turned into. Autumn breezy and sunshine. I needed to get ready for my outside exercise and write my blog post!

As I continued to wonder around my house trying to think of what to write in my blog today, I kept getting stuck. I had promised my friend. We both agreed we would have a blog post by this evenings’ regular walk, and here it was, 3:00pm already.

After eating some snacks, I next found myself watching YouTube videos of women’s pregnant bellies. It was footage of babies kicking, and according to the mothers, it hurts when they kick. It reminded me of the episodes on Fringe right before an alien or giant worm or some kind of monster would exit one of their bodies, killing the host. Hopefully that is not ultimately what pregnancy is like for me. That is, if I still become pregnant before it’s too late.

Weird blog post? Perhaps….

No comments:

Post a Comment